Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. Billing Representative in Parsippany, New Jersey
JOB SUMMARY: The Billing Representative handles special billing needs for assigned regions and or clients. Support internal and external clients with billing questions and issues.
• The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
• Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
• In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
• All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
• Keys billing adjustments, reissues invoices, and handles billing problems for assigned regions
• Fulfills billing reprint requests
• Supplies credit department with information and backup documentation for preference claims
• Assists in client account reconciliation
• Assists other departments with research and billing issues.
• Interacts/communicates with all levels of branch and region staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
• Degree in accounting or related preferred but not required; High school diploma or GED required
• Three to five years' related office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
• Relevant college coursework preferred and may substitute for the required experience on a month-for-month basis
• Working knowledge of and experience with computerized systems, preferably Oracle AR & Billing
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
• Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form
• Basic knowledge of accounting fundamentals
• Ability to perform position tasks accurately and timely
• Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity software including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
• Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
• Skill in clear and concise oral and written communication and adapt to changes in environment and organization
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
• Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly
• Courteous telephone manner
• Strong customer service and results orientation
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands:
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey
• Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations
• Prolonged and repetitive data entry
• Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
• Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds
• Computer Usage
• Regular talking and hearing
• Frequent sitting
• Close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
• Work primarily performed in an office environment
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
About the Team
Our Company Mission:
Securitas' mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas' core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don't compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don't. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers' premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.